10 tips from Less Waste Laura
- No single use plastic– invest in your lifestyle, get a reusable coffee cup, some bamboo cutlery, and go back to old fashioned handkerchiefs and packed lunches!
- Plan your meals– not only does this help when going to the supermarket combatting food waste, but it reduces food packaging if you take some time to pack a lunch instead of buying on the go!
- Walk– got somewhere to be and its close enough to walk…then walk! Enjoy strolling your local area and contemplate using more public transport or cycling to reduce your carbon footprint.
- The Buyerarchy– ask yourself; do you need it? do you already have something nice? borrow from a friend? swap? charity shop? make? All of these steps show that there is a world of fashion and clothing to explore before hitting the high street or online!
- Cook from fresh– get your ingredients plastic free at the shops and cook from fresh; avoid packaging and non-recyclable materials!
- Sorting out your toiletries– recycled toilet paper, bamboo toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner bars, glass jar moisturisers…
- and many many more options to get that plastic out of your bathroom!
- CO2 matching– going on a holiday? Have you matched the CO2 on your flight? Many airlines now offer this at the checkout!
- Social media– find some amazing zero waste, environmental and eco-conscious social media pages to follow…get ideas and inspiration and stay on track!
- Shopping kit– get some produce bags for buying loose fruit and veg, take in your own tub for meat, fish and dairy, find a local vegetable box service, see if your local area offers milk in glass jars, find a bulk store near you!
- Slow down!– most importantly to reduce your impact and waste is to slow down, plan a little more, and prep your week! It is easier than you think to cut out the most common types of waste and single use plastic with a little investment into everyday reusable items, and planning your meals and outings!
If we all implement these ten things into our daily routines, we’ll be making a collective difference!! Go Us!!
Join EGG Today
Become a member of EGG and enjoy a heap of exclusive benefits. You’ll get access to Exclusive Offers, Events and your very own Digital Membership Card – use it to discover great places in Edinburgh and connect with like-minded girls.
£30 per year