Hula’s Easy at Home Chickpea, Sweet Potatoe and Tahini Salad
Hula’s Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Tahini Salad
This is a quick and hearty salad that suits either for lunch or dinner. Easy to make, healthy and plant-based meal that everyone in the family will love!
Prep and Cook time 35 min
2 sweet potatoes
1 bundle broccolini or tenderstem broccoli
2 big handfuls kale (larger stems removed)
1 bag of mixed salad leaves
1 tin chickpeas (drained, rinsed and patted dry)
1/2 tsp garlic powder(optional)
1/2 tsp chilli powder(optional)
1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil/avocado oil
1/2 lemon (the other half is for the dressing)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup (60ml) tahini
1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
3 tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Peel and cut sweet potato into cubes. Arrange on a baking tray with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper (optional: add some cinnamon for extra flavour)
3. Bake the sweet potato for 10 min, add the rinsed broccolini. Bake for another 10min, then remove from oven.
4. Place the chickpeas on a different baking tray. Add a drizzle of oil, the garlic powder, chilli and cumin. Bake for 5 min until they go a little crispy.
5. Put the stemless kale into a bowl, squeeze half the lemon, the olive or avocado oil and a pinch of salt. Massage for 5 min or until soft.
6. Remove seeds from pomegranate. (Tip: do it underwater to avoid a messy kitchen)
7. Mix all of the dressing ingredients thoroughly either with a mixer or whisk.
8. Arrange the salad on a big platter or bowl. Mix the salad leaves and kale, add the sweet potato, chickpeas, broccolini and pomegranate. Drizzle the tahini dressing on top.
For an even more filling meal you can add any of your favourite toppings. Some of Hula’s favourite toppings are halloumi, chicken, avocado or smoked salmon.
Join EGG Today
Become a member of EGG and enjoy a heap of exclusive benefits. You’ll get access to Exclusive Offers, Events and your very own Digital Membership Card – use it to discover great places in Edinburgh and connect with like-minded girls.
£30 per year