The Best Valentines Pudding Ever!
How will you be celebrating Valentines Day? Eating in, eating out? Maybe you are away for a mini break, perhaps you will be having a cracking night with friends, or indulging in a bit of self love with some me time. Have a great night whatever.
If you are eating at home then this hot chocolate dipping sauce is the BEST PUDDING EVER for Valentines. To be honest I think this might be my all time favourite pudding right now. This chocolate dipping sauce is runny and warm, the fruit is fresh, the pretzels crunchy – dipping one into the other is pure heaven. Let me tell you why this is the only pudding to make on 14 February.
- Sometimes simple is best. This dipping sauce takes two ingredients, coconut cream and your favourite chocolate and melts them together. You stir the mixture and, hey presto, that’s it, that’s all you’re doing … other than putting some delicious things on a plate ready to dip in this sauce of awesomeness.
- Coconut cream and chocolate (dark is my personal favourite) are a match made in heaven. It tastes out of this world. So creamy and chocolately and oh so good. If you aren’t normally a coconut person stay with me on this one; it’s gentle coconut in the background, not a hit-me-in-the-face-with-coconut flavour, because it works so well with the melted chocolate.
- Now you just need to find some delicious things to dip in this well of deliciousness. Cherries, grapes, pretzels, marshmallows are our personal favourites. But the list is almost endless – strawberries, banana, kiwi, shortbread, nougat, Turkish delight, pecans, brazil nuts, to mention a few more.
- This chocolate dipping sauce takes just 5 minutes to prep – leaving you time to sort the rest of the meal, or open the door to the Deliveroo guy or girl, or find that next bottle of bubbly.
I like dark chocolate a lot, but you can use whatever chocolate you like. If you have a super sweet tooth you could add a tablespoon of sugar in the sauce too. But start with just the chocolate and coconut cream, taste and see what you think.
This chocolate dipping sauce would easily serve 4. It’s only ever 2 of us eating it, but I always make the full amount. I tell myself it’s because I don’t want left over coconut cream in the fridge. But who can resist having this chocolate dipping sauce a second night in a row, or on pancakes, with French toast, or Nigella style straight from the fridge. It will reheat perfectly to it’s former runniness either in a pan or microwave.
The Best Valentines Pudding Ever
250ml coconut cream
Serves 2 – 4
- Pour the coconut cream into a saucepan, break up the chocolate and add.
- Heat gently stirring occasionally until all the chocolate has melted. Then stir well and heat to your desired temperature for dipping.
Join EGG Today
Become a member of EGG and enjoy a heap of exclusive benefits. You’ll get access to Exclusive Offers, Events and your very own Digital Membership Card – use it to discover great places in Edinburgh and connect with like-minded girls.
£30 per year